Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Taking a Moment.

It's been a while.

More like, a long while.

...I had quite honestly forgotten that I had even started a blog.

I had every intention to write daily. My what the irony in seeing as I only posted one blog post. One stinking one! A lot of things have happened between then and now as I am typing my newest [second] posting. I'm really just a different person.

I am...

1. Not only a young mom, but a single mom to a little boy named Leighton James. I won't go as far as saying that he is my world and what I live for--- because that would be a bold face lie. My focus isn't on my son. Now before you berate me on what type of mother I am, let me explain. My focus is on Jesus. If I had any other idol or object before me, my life would be in complete shambles and would in turn affect my relationship with my son. If you're relationship isn't right with Jesus, ain't nothing going right!

                                             (here's a little snap of my sweet pea, LJ)

2. A sinner. I continue to sin daily. I have probably sinned about 28 times so far today and it's not even midday! But I have finally grasped what it means to truly being forgiven and living in my Savior's perfectness and grace. Not my own works, but His grace alone! What a relief it has been to truly live my life out for Him and Him alone. There is nothing like having such a sincere relationship with Our Creator and possessing that faith.

3. Still taking risks...but praying through them. Anyone who knows me would vouch in a heartbeat that my middle name was "impulse". In the past I generally had a thought and acted on it without hesitation. This could have resulted with awesome results or in a detrimental outcome. More than often it was a detrimental outcome with repercussions that I carried around with me as baggage. I bought into the lie that society fed me of going through life thinking "yolo" or to "live in the moment". That my friends, is society feeding you bull shiggidy. It is such a dangerous thing to act out on emotion or feeling. If everyone did as their emotions told them, there would be a lot more chaos in this world. I am striving to have more self controls in many areas that I struggle with.

I have forgotten how much I enjoyed this. Typing aimlessly, praying that all these random thoughts would come together into an orchestrated post.

Until next time,
-H.


No comments:

Post a Comment